I am pleased to offer the following object technology training:
Please click here to download a PDF overview of ObjectStart's training offerings.
- Beginning Java Objects: a four day, lecture/lab format course designed to teach fundamental object oriented programming concepts side by side with Java language syntax. This course is an ideal vehicle for “retooling” a procedural programming team with objects in general and with Java in particular. No prior experience with either objects or Java is expected on the part of the participants.
- Object Modeling Workshop: a one-day informal workshop designed to serve as an add-on to BJO training. The goal of this workshop is to ensure that, once students have learned the fundamentals of objects and Java, they get some immediate hands-on experience with crafting an object model “blueprint” for building such applications. Even folks who have previously attended object modeling/UML training will benefit from this workshop, as it reinforces object modeling techniques/methods in the specific context of what students have learned in the BJO course.
- Deploying Java Objects: a four day, lecture/lab format course designed to build upon the subject matter of the BJO course. This course provides instruction on how to use core J2EE component technologies (servlets, JSPs, and JDBC) to build thin-client web applications in Java, as well as how to use the Java Swing API to build classic desktop client-server applications.
- “Demystifying” Java, Objects, and J2EE: a half-day lecture-only seminar designed to provide introductory high-level conceptual exposure to objects, Java, and J2EE, suitable for both technical professionals and technically oriented management. It is an ideal means of “demystifying” these technologies for organizations struggling with their adoption.
I teach all of my courses on a fixed price basis. For a maximum enrollment of 16 students, the price
per seat for a four-day workshop is only $750 as compared with tuition of $2,000 or more per student
to send them to a comparable vendor-sponsored course*.
This represents a savings of up to $20,000 per course!
* Based on the price per student of $2,390 for Learning Tree’s 4-day "Hands-On Java Programming" course (471) as of January 7, 2005.
If you would be interested in learning more about any of these courses, and in particular receiving a no-obligation quotation, please drop me an email message, as I would be pleased to discuss your organization's training requirements with you: